The 40-acre site at J10 of the M1 is among the most visible and prominent development sites in the UK, and was acquired by Luton Town Football Club in 2015.
The aspirational Newlands Park development proposal offers the opportunity to create a game-changing, iconic gateway to Luton, enhancing perceptions, bringing in new business, complementing the town centre and creating 4,000+ new jobs. The core elements of the plan include:
- Approx. 500,000 sq ft of high-spec offices forming a landmark design
- Large hotel with conference and meeting facilities
- An eye-catching environmentally friendly ‘green’ roof with walking spaces all helping with drainage
- Aspirational retail trading space ‘anchored’ by a quality department store to complement and enhance existing retail in Luton
- An innovative leisure hub housed in an iconic ‘crystal’design with a high-end cinema and a wide range of innovative active leisure attractions